Thursday 7 July 2011

First few items listed.

It's open! I've listed the first few items in my new vintage shop, Josara Vintage, which is on Etsy.com. The oriental peacocks, Old China Stratton Compact in the previous blog post is one of the items listed. I have also listed this really nice Exotic Bird Metal Box. I can see so many uses for this. It's just the right size to have on a desk in the home, or office, for keeping small bits and bobs together. I said in the item description I could keep my tape measure, sellotape, small stapler, paperclips, and pencil sharpener in it. I'm always losing them on my desk. Or, you could use it as a trinket, or jewellery box. It's marked - G MB Made in Great Britain. Unfortunately I can't find anything out about this mark. I would guess the age of the box to be 1980's as it's got oriental style designs on it, which was very fashionable in the 80's. It's a really nice thing  in good, vintage condition. And, bizarrely, the exotic bird on this box is very similar to the birds on the previous blog's Stratton compact. Considering there could be 20-30 years between their manufacture, it just goes to show how things come back into fashion.

Another item listed is this fantastic Taunton Vale jug. I say over on the item's description that I really like this jug. I'm not just saying that, I really do. The colours are right up my street, very 70's retro. I really like the country feel that it has too, with the buttercup wildflower design. It's me to a tee. I love old country style things, yet I like 70's retro design too. And, it's all vintage.

I will be dripping stock into the shop, and I will update this blog with some of items, which will update onto my Facebook page. I will also be updating stock on my website, Josara.co.uk, which is like a central showroom for my online shops stock.

Right, I'm off to hunt for more interesting things to put into my new shop.